Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

On My Way Back Home

Notes from the flight home

It’s impossible for me to understand how I could have eaten on the street at taco stands, in markets, and off food carts without a problem… and breakfast at the airport almost killed me.

OK, maybe not that bad. But it was breakfast at the CafĂ© California in Mexico City’s Benito Juarez airport that brought on Moctezuma’s revenge.

Greasy meat covered in hot sauce and prepared out in the polluted open air… delicious and completely unproblematic. Not even heartburn (which frankly, I expected).

A two-egg breakfast at a hygienic Denny’s-type restaurant, and I’m well on my way to dehydration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.