Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

My Life as an Interpreter

Interpreting for other people makes for the most interesting stories. It's the closest experience to being the proverbial fly on the wall without the threat of a fly swatter.

In some cases I get to learn the intricate details of a particular medical procedure, in others I hear about personnel training techniques or someone's life story.

Today I got to watch people lie and fling sarcasm at each other.

It can get pretty funny in a hearing when legal reps and lawyers brush each other (and sometimes everyone else) the wrong way.

And I have to say, there is something perfectly amusing about looking a lawyer in the eyes and saying (actually repeating), "That's none of your business!"

Of course, all the while knowing his irritation will be flung back at someone else, not me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.