Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Publishers Poop Me Out

Sometimes it feels like getting to editors in publishing houses is like seeking audience with the Dalai Lama. I have a special project that I need a publisher for (a literary translation), and its been quite the learning experience.

It's phone calls and wrong numbers and faxes listed as numbers (ouch!) and time zones to consider and voice mails and emails... and often no first contact or call back or even any indication that I'm speaking to the right machine.

Fortunately, some industry professionals are very open and have given me great advice. They've saved me time by letting me know who I should approach and who just doesn't do what I need done. It's good boot camp for peddling my own wares, but its exhausting.

So, I decided to take a break from phone acrobatics and tinker with my online toys. I got a real domain for my bookworm circle that's easier to remember: www.BookwormCircle.com.

And I'm going to print out the short novel I finished a couple of weeks ago. Time to awaken the editor within (shiver).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.