Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Eggnog

eggnog, white, red, Christmas, drinkI'm looking for justification to indulge in some eggnog.

One cup means 342 calories and 21 grams of sugar--bam, just like that. And so far, no major nutritional perks. The best it can do is give 33% of the calcium I need in a day. Not bad... not great.

Sure, Silk makes dairy free Soy Nog at 90 calories and 2 grams of fat, but all the descriptions I read go on and on about how light and fresh it tastes. That doesn't sound like eggnog at all. I dig soy, but as it's own drink. It doesn't work for me as a substitute.

Nope, I think there is no justification for drinking what is basically liquid custard. This is going to have to be one of those 'just because I wanna' decisions. It may result in fewer solids and more time at the gym, but it's cold, cruddy, and gray outside.

Eggnog must be had!

So, I found a video that shows a simple recipe (warning, it's cheesy). That's right, I have no intention of leaving home for this.

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.