Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Marriage

Marriage gets dumped on a lot. For years before meeting my death-do-you-part, the word was a synonym for "prison" in my book. And I guess like anything else that's imposed, it can be one. Luckily, it's turned out not to be the case for me. My partner in love and war is the best thing that's happened to me yet.

It's been a tough couple of weeks for us, and this week has started out rough as well. There is nothing more comforting and reassuring than dealing with the hard parts of life hand in hand. He's really transformed the meaning of marriage for me. From trap to miracle.

Because it is something of a miracle when another human being chooses to be your family every minute of every day. No blood ties, just serious love ties. And those bonds make everything else swirling around outside our intimate connection seem less important.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.