Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Networking: What is the Right Size Group?


I went to a Meet Up last night in Las Colinas. It was small and pleasant, and I actually got a chance to get to know people a little.

Large networkings aren't bad. A lot of contacts can be made, but I have to wonder how many quality contact we truly make at those sorts of events.

It seems like I always invest most of my time in getting to know one to three people even at the more numerous gatherings. And it's because I can't imagine that all 80 of them will remember who I am and what I do.

Hard as I try, I can't remember that many people and all the details they shared with me. My husband seems to have a secret super power for total recall, but I wasn't blessed with his unique abilities.

Though I guess there's the argument of getting more business cards in circulation. Then again, the business cards I dig for when I need or would like to pass on a service belong to those few that I remember.

So what is the right size for a networking group?

Which works for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.