Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Hancock

We went to Movie Grill last night and were sad to find there were no more tickets for The Dark Night. So we watched Hancock instead. And a good time was had by all.

Hancock (Will Smith) is a sarcastic, boozing, jerk of a superhero who saves the day, but somehow still manages to tick everyone off in the worst way. Every calamity averted leaves a wave of destruction throughout the city. His disastrous interventions have the mayor wishing Hancock would just move to another city.

Lucky for Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman) Hancock stays around long enough to save him from a train wreck. In a show of gratitude, the idealistic PR Executive decides to help Hancock clean up his image, not a decision his wife Mary (Charlize Theron) is on board with at all.

I like the story line. It has a couple of interesting twists and fun special effects. It's not the same caliber as, say, Batman Begins--which I looooved--but Will Smith makes Hancock a very sympathetic hero screw-up you can laugh at and willingly cheer on.

All in all, I'm glad we watched it.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the different twists as well and that it wasn't your typical superhero story which I liked. I keep hearing great things about Batman. I must get back to the movies! Take care!

    Naomi
    http://nctrower.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loved the movie and the company.

    I did like the movie because it was fun and out of the ordinary Regular super hero. the movie made me think about our place in this world. what are we doing to help or to contribute to society. One more factor the help me enjoy the movie even more, was that we went to a movie grill theatre where I was able to much and watch at the same time.

    Besos..
    yo'h-bby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.