Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Word Love

As a wordie (logophile, word-lover), I totally dig dictionaries. Some I find during a particular project, and others I stumble on while deliberately surfing for glossaries.

I know-- it's not exactly skydiving, but as a linguist I can't help but get a thrill out of it. Check out some of my toys:

Wait! Before you start, if you're easily offended, I suggest you not click on anything with the word "slang" or "urban" in the title.

Ok, now go for it.

VisuwordsThe Online Slang Dictionary
Urban Dictionary
Wookipedia - Star Wars Slang!!
Memory Alpha - Star Trek Slang (I just had to.)
Kelas Bahasa - Jakarta kok dong!
Dictionary of Indian English
Inglish English

If you have a link to a cool glossary, I'd love to take a peek. Share the link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

A L E R T

The NONEXISTENT Rockway Press Short Story Contest

Rockway Press never actually posted the winners of the 2007 contest. Their site has entirely disappeared, and they're on the Preditors and Editors list.